Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is a rich refreshing drink that is good for you too! Full of protein, vitamins, and minerals use it as a workout recovery drink or a snack.
The Best Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
I love this Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie! It has two of my favorite flavors ever, combined into a protein-packed treat! Peanut butter and bananas were made to go together. The creaminess and sweetness of the banana pairs beautifully with the rich salty sweetness of the peanut butter. They blend perfectly into a drinkable snack that tastes like a milkshake, but it’s better for you!
One of the best things about this healthy treat is that my kids love it and they have no idea how good it is for them. They think they are getting a milkshake for breakfast or a snack, which makes that much more fun to serve. Top the smoothie with a few slices of banana, a drizzle of peanut butter and some chocolate granola for a bit of crunch. You have to try this smoothie!
Ingredients for Easy Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
You can make this easily from ingredients from your pantry. Enjoy this rich drink
- Frozen Bananas: This will bring the flavor and the chill.
- Peanut Butter: Use natural peanut butter for healthier nut butter.
- Honey: This natural sweetener is a classic for both peanut butter and bananas.
- Greek Yogurt: Greek Yogurt will add both proteins and create a thick rich consistency.
- Milk: To thin it out and be able to blend it all together.
How To Make a Banana Smoothie
Truly this is so simple, your loved ones can make it, which I love that they choose a healthy snack.
Mix: Add the frozen bananas, peanut butter, honey, greek yogurt, and milk to a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
The Best Tips and Tricks For Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Super creamy and tastes like peanut butter banana ice cream instead of a smoothie, this is going to become a staple in your breakfast rotation, or snack rotation!
- Bananas: This is the perfect way to use up those overripe bananas when you do not have time to make bread. Peel the bananas cut them in half, and place them in a freezer bag. Release as much air as possible out of the bag. I will freeze bunches at a time so I have frozen bananas at all times. We make a lot of smoothies! They will keep for up to 2 months.
- Peanut Butter: I like to use natural peanut butter that has fewer added sugars and oils. You can also use peanut butter powder if you are trying to cut calories and fat. Keep in mind the fat in peanut butter is good for you.
- Greek Yogurt: Creamy and tangy, Greek yogurt adds protein and rich thick consistency. If you need more sweetness, use vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt.
- Honey: Nature’s sweetener is perfect in this smoothie. You can use liquid stevia or agave as well.
- Milk: Feel free to use non-dairy milk if you desire
- Ice: Add ice to the blending if you want it even colder, you may want to reduce the milk if you do.
Variations For Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Make this shake like smoothie anyway you love it, customizing it is so easy and so delicious
- Chocolate: The only thing that makes this smoothie better is to add some chocolate. Whether it’s chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, or chocolate milk it’s takes it over the top.
- Make it even healthier: Add ground flax seeds, chia seeds and oatmeal to the smoothie to add flavor, texture and nutrition.
- Add some Green: Yes it may make the color a little funky, but you won’t be able to taste it. Add spinach for a boost of fiber and iron.
- Power Up: Add a bit of flavor and even more protein by adding a scoop of your favorite protein powder. Vanilla or Chocolate would make yummy additions.
- Top it: Slice up bananas, drizzle with peanut butter, sprinkle with chopped peanuts or mini chocolate chips for a decorative top. And yes you can use whipped cream too.
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- 3 cups frozen bananas
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2-1 cup milk
Add the frozen bananas, peanut butter, honey, greek yogurt, and milk to a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.