Fresh, flavorful, and insanely delicious, this avocado salsa is the best salsa EVER! Filled with only the best of ingredients, this salsa will be one that you will make over and over!
Salsa is a great go-to for a side, appetizer, or late-night snack! Try out some more of my favorite salsa recipes like this blender salsa, this cream cheese salsa dip, and don’t forget this mango lime salsa!
Why is Avocado Salsa the BEST?
I LOVE using fresh ingredients to make delicious salsa! When you bite into it, you get a mix of a crisp texture from the tortilla chips, plus the delightful flavor from all of the ingredients as they blend together. It’s the perfect marriage of flavors! Plus, adding avocado into any recipe is just a no-brainer… It makes everything that much better!
Not only are these ingredients all fresh, but you add in the juice from a lime, and it brings out the best and bright flavor in this avocado salsa! Don’t settle for plain salsa when you can make this one! Once you make this, it will be a salsa that you can’t resist. Make it for game-day, Taco Tuesday, or just once a week for kicks like I do! It’s so simple and easy. You have no reason not to make this all the time!
Ingredients You Need
Obviously, there is avocado in this avocado salsa! But there are other fresh veggies to complement it, making this the best salsa you’ve ever had! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Avocados: Slice your avocado up into pieces as big or as little as you want.
- Roma Tomatoes: The juice from the tomatoes adds in that traditional salsa texture.
- Red Onion: Dice these up into small pieces.
- Jalapeño: If you don’t want any heat then you can leave this out.
- Cilantro: I LOVE cilantro and use it any chance that I can!
- Lime Juice: You should always to to use the juice from a fresh lime instead of the bottle. It will bring a much brighter taste to any recipe!
- Garlic Cloves: If you don’t have any fresh garlic cloves on hand then you can use minced garlic. ½ teaspoon equals about 1 clove of garlic.
- Salt and Pepper: Add these in to enhance all of the delicious flavors in this salsa.
How Do You Make Avocado Salsa?
This part is the easy part! Cut everything up, mix it all together and voila! You will be enjoying this salsa all day long! (If it lasts that long!)
- In a medium sized bowl add avocado, tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Stir it all together and serve immediately with tortilla chips!
How to Pick Out an Avocado
If you want ANY avocado recipe to turn out right, including this avocado salsa, then you must start with an avocado that is ripe but not too ripe, soft but not too soft… It sounds complicated, but it’s not!! Here are a few tips for you to try next time you are grabbing avocados at the grocery store.
- Color: a ripe avocado will be a little bit darker green color.
- Soft or Firm: If you can push the side of an avocado in and it slightly dents, then it’s ripe! Anything that’s really hard means that it’s not ready yet (get these if you don’t plan on cooking with your avocados for a few days). If you find that an avocado is super soft and quishy then it is overripe and you don’t want it.
- Texture: Ripe avocados will have abumpy texture on their skin.
How Long Does Avocado Salsa Last?
As long as you store your avocado salsa in the fridge in an airtight container, then it will stay fresh for 3-4 days. The avocados will start to get brown but they will taste fine!
- 4 Avocados sliced
- 5 Roma Tomatoes diced
- 1/2 Red Onion diced
- 1 Jalapeño diced
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro chopped
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
In a medium sized bowl add avocado, tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Stir it all together and serve immediately with tortilla chips!