BLT Dip is an appetizer that is delightfully light and oh so good! A creamy seasoned base is topped with all the flavors of the classic BLT, you are going to love it!
Whether you are feeding a crowd or your little family, appetizers are a wonderful addition. Next time you need a meal teaser that is sure to please try Philly Cheese Steak Cheesy Bread, Cheese Sauce, or Crab Dip!
This unique BLT dip is the perfect party pleaser. It is going to be the unique appetizer that everyone is going to fall in love with. It is easy, simple and full of incredible loved flavors. Everyone loves bacon and cheese. And tomatoes and lettuce just go together. The creamy base combines tangy sour cream with smooth cream cheese, that you will season to perfection. Creamy BLT dip is the one that you bring to a party that everyone will love!
BLT is a classic combination that has found its way into other recipes. Such as this BLT pasta salad. It is a combination so many love. I love how light and fresh this dip seems to be. The lettuce and tomatoes really freshen it up and the bacon adds a nice salty bite. This is a dip you don’t see all the time at parties, so when you show up with it, watch out, it is going to be devoured. The simplicity of it is makes it a dream dish too. The next time you’re headed to a party, or throwing one yourself, be sure this BLT dip is on the menu!
What You Need To Make Creamy BLT Dip
This recipe comes together fast and is full of classic flavors.
- Sour Cream: You can use either full fat or low fat sour cream. I will say I like the full fat for this dip, it is so creamy!
- Cream Cheese: Again light or regular cream cheese can be used. Make sure your cream cheese is good and softened.
- Onion Powder: This give the creamy dip a wonderful flavor without the bulk of chopped onion.
- Garlic Powder: Another classic flavor that helps give the BLT dip some zing.
- Parsley: Use dried parsley so it doesn’t wilt or turn brown on you.
- Tomatoes: Finely chopped for easy dipping.
- Bacon Crumbled bacon, again smaller is better.
- Cheddar Cheese: Use shredded cheddar that you grate yourself.
- Lettuce: You will want to use very finely shredded lettuce.
- Tortilla Chips, Pita Chips, Ruffled Potato Chips: For dipping of course.
How To Make BLT Chip Dip
This is so easy to assemble, it is a great one to make when you need an appetizer in a hurry.
- Combine: In a medium mixing bowl, combine sour cream, cream cheese, onion powder, garlic powder and dried parsley.
- Spread: Once mixed transfer to a bowl or 9 inch pie plate.
- Layer: Once the creamy part is in the bottom, layer with lettuce, tomatoes, bacon and cheese. Garnish with additional tomatoes.
- Serve: Serve with desired dippers.
Tips For The Best Creamy BLT Dip
This unique dip is going to steal the show. Light and refreshing, it is crowd pleaser!
- Cheese: Shred your own cheese for better quality taste. Preshreded cheese often has additives or preservatives that can keep it from tasting the best. If you do not have cheddar you can use colby jack, or monterey jack. You can go strong cheese too like blue cheese or pepper jack for a fun twist.
- Bacon: Make sure your bacon is good and crispy before you crumble it. It makes for a more tasty dip and it won’t go soggy. I like to cook it in the air fryer or oven.
- Lettuce: When I shred my lettuce I also cut it so it isn’t long and stringy. About an inch long is all. That way it is easier to dip and eat.
- Tomatoes: If you use a large tomato be sure to seed it and remove all the pulp. Otherwise the tomato will be too juicy and cause a watery dip. You can also use grape or cherry tomatoes finely chopped.
- Seasoning: If you want even more flavor season the cream cheese and sour cream with 2 or more teaspoons of ranch dressing mix, or Italian seasoning It is yummy!
You can serve a variety of dippers with this creamy BLT dip, it is a fun one to eat!
- Crackers: Ritz, Wheat Thins, Pita Chips, Potato chips, Tortilla chips, Crositni, sourdough rounds, or any type of cracker you desire.
- Vegetables: Vegetables too work great with this dip. I like to use carrots, celery, cauliflower, broccoli, and sugar snap peas.
- Spread it: If you have leftovers this dip also makes a great spread. Use on top of potatoes, toss with pasta or use as a spread on sandwiches and wraps.
Store Your Dip
Keep your extra BLT dip in the fridge tightly covered for up to 4 days. The lettuce will wilt after about 2 days. I like to try to take off as much as the lettuce as possible before storing. It will look and taste more pleasant to add fresh lettuce the next time you serve it.
Creamy BLT Dip
- 1 container Sour Cream 16 oz.
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup lettuce shredded
- tortilla chips pita chips, or ruffled potato chips for serving
In a medium mixing bowl, combine sour cream, cream cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, dried parsley. Once mixed transfer to a bowl or 9 inch pie plate.
Spread evenly on the bottom. Layer with bacon, cheese, tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and garnish with additional tomatoes.
Serve with chips.
Originally Posted on December 30, 2013